TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR REGISTRATION / RENEWAL OF COURSES
I, the parent /guardian (the “parent”) of the student (the “student”), hereby agree to the following terms and conditions (the “general terms” ):
1. In these terms & conditions, the following words and phrases shall bear the following meanings, unless the context requires otherwise:
- “Academic year” means an academic year at the centre ,which runs from 1st December to 30th November of the following year:
- “calendar month” means a full month commencing on the 1 st day of a calendar month and ending on the last day of that calendar month;
- “Wordsmith” or “centre” means “Wordsmith Education Group Pte Ltd”, and where the context so admits, any legal entity which run tuition/enrichment/ academic programmes under the “Wordsmith Learning Hub Pte Ltd.
- “Centre” means the wordsmith education centre as indicated on the registration/renewal form.
CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION:
1. The enrolment /continued enrolment of the student in the course(s) indicated on the registration / renewal form (the registered course(s) shall be conditional upon , inter alia:
- Purchase of the Sigaram books for the registered course(s) are compulsoryand other worksheets/ books given by the student are not used by our tutors to coach in the class, material fee’s are extra collected as and when required to coach the students as per the current MOE syllabus;
- Advance payment of the monthly course fee(s) for all the registered course(s) before the last day of each calendar month.Eg. To continue with the Feb class, fees should be paid on or before 31st Jan for Feb month without any reminder. Late payment of fee $10/- charged, if received after the stipulated date.
2. Tutor/Student should be provided with the condusive environment with comfortable table/chair to sit and teach in a separate room. Should not be asked to sit in the common area or living ground / sharing room with others for the 2 hours and should be treated with respect and courtesy since they are the staffs of our centre.
3. Students progress can be checked with the tutors when the tutors comes to the students place. Regarding the Fees, informing the cancellation of class slot changes during the Jan month after the school reopens need to be settled with the wordsmith officer-in charge. Tutors coming under company are not requested to give private tutoring without the company’s knowledge, if anything found out, is against our policies and considered to be illegal action. Wordsmith reserves the right to stop the tuition service immediately, strict action will be taken.
4. Now withstanding anything in these terms , the student is not entitled to receive any materials for any classes which he or she paid for. In the event that the student is registered for any of the registered course(s) after an academic yearhas begun, the student shall be entitled to receive worksheets only from the date on which he or she begins attending the registered course(s).
5. Classes will not be held on eve of New year /Deepavali and any other public holidays which may be gazetted by the Government of the Singapore from time to time.No make-up classes will bescheduled, and no refund of course fees will be given in lieu of any classes which would otherwise have been held on the aforementioned days.
6. Fee’s should be paid upfront Wordsmith shall not be obliged to refund any part of the monthly course fees in the event that the student does not want to attend any scheduled slot in the registered courses for any reason whatsoever. If the student is not feeling well / have important school activity, need to send MC / school letter in email or screenshot to officer-in-charge to arrange for replacement slot as per the tutor convenience. No make-up classes, if the student missed the class due to any reason but the worksheet on the request will be passed to him or her to finish and submit to the tutor.No Pro-rated fees during school holidays will be accepted. Tutors slots will be full and we are not in the position to provide a makeup class.
7. Our fees are based on 4 classes per month normally, if there is 5th class comes in any month ,additional pro-rated charges will be collected forthat particular monthalong with the monthly fees before the start of the month.
8. A written notice of withdrawal must be given at least one calendar month of the student’s withdrawal from any of the registered course(s). In the event that less than one calendar month notice is given, wordsmith shall not be obliged to refund any part of the fee’s paid.
9. In the event that a parent decides to withdraw a student (regardless of reasons) before the registered course(s) commence(s) or want another new slot instead of the fixed/agreed one between the centre and parent, the fees paid will be forfeited. The one calendar month written notice in clause 7 will not be applicable in this instance.
10. Unless otherwise stated, all monies paid are non-refundable and non-transferable to another student, regardless of whether the registered course(s) has/have commenced.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY & MEDIA RIGHTS:
11. Unless stated otherwise, wordsmith owns the intellectual property and /or licensing rights subsisting in all worksheets and other study materials distributed or used during the registered course(s), and both the parent and the student are prohibited from copying, reproducing, modifying, distributing, displaying, performing or transmitting in any form or by any means whatsoever (including mechanical, electronic, recording, photocopying or otherwise) the above mentioned worksheets and other study materials without wordsmith’s prior written permission.
12. Wordsmith shall have the right to copy,reproduce, display, distribute, and use any photographs or videos taken of the student during the registered courses , as well as any intellectual property produced by the student as part of the registered course(s),
13. Wordsmith shall be allowed to publish the student’s academic achievements in any form or media at any time, even after the student has withdrawn from the centre.
14. Tutor’sEntry andExit time will be noted in the Wordsmith Slot Card during each classby Tutors, we make sure the tutors agreed 2hours are served without any shortfall. If any problem, the parents/students can liase with the officer-in charge to bring to the notice of the Wordsmith.
15. Wordsmith agrees to provide tutors to take the class only in the home address location disclosed at the time of signing this agreement. If there are any change of address at students place due to relocation, the parents/student need to intimate to the company officially minimum one month before. Wordsmith reserve the right to decide to proceed the one to one tuition in the new location based on the distance and other factors involved.
16. The parent hereby warrants that the student is registered for the courses at the same level at which the student is currently enrolled for in his /her formal education (e.g. If the student is in p5 at a MOE government primary school, the student must register for P5 courses at wordsmith). Wordsmith does not allow any skipping of levels under any circumstances.
17. Wordsmith reserves the right to, and shall in its sole discretion,
- Transfer the student to centre as Group / Small group, combine them or dissolve a class based on the progress of the student and change teachers with the prior permission of the parent, and /or
- Terminate the student’s slot in any registered course(s)..
18. WHILE THE WORDSMITH WILL TAKE RESONABLE PRECAUTIONS TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THE STUDENT/TUTOR AT YOUR PLACE, WORDSMITH ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WHICH MIGHT BE SUSTAINED BY THE STUDENT/TUTOR IN UNDERTAKING ANY ACTIVITY OR ANYTHING DURING THE REGISTERED COURSES, WHETHER UNDER THE DIRECTION OF WORDSMITH OR OTHERWISE, AND GENERALLY FOR ANY SUCH INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE HOWSOEVER CAUSED EXCEPT BY THE WILFUL DEFAULT OF WORDSMIITH EDUCATION GROUP, ITS SERVANTS AND AGENTS.
19. The parents hereby releases wordsmith, its servants and agents from all liability for such injury, loss or damage of any kind whatsoever which might be sustained by the student in undertaking any activity or anything during the registered course(s) or /and in the centre, whether under the direction of wordsmith or otherwise and generally for such injury, loss or damage howsoever caused except by the wilful default of the wordsmith, its servants and agents.
20. Wordsmith shall not be liable for any default due to any act of god, war, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, tempest or other event beyond wordsmith’s reasonable control.
21. The registration/ renewal form and these general terms contain the whole agreement between the parent, student and wordsmith and supersedes any prior written or oral agreement between them relating to the student’s enrolment in the registered courses and the parties confirm that they have not entered into this agreement on the basis of any representations that are not expressly incorporated in the registration /renewal form and these general terms.